Menasu Kootu powder 200g
Kootu is a Tamil word which means "add" i.e. vegetables added with lentils which form the dish, made of vegetable and lentils and are semi-solid in consistency, i.e., less aqueous than sambhar, but more so than dry curries. All kootus by default have some vegetables and lentils. Different varieties of Kootus exist. Sankethis prepare a version of kootu which is pepper based.
Prepare delicious pepper kootu with vegetables of your choice and Adukale's Menasu (Pepper) Kootu Powder
Ingredients: Black Gram Dal, Coriander, Pepper, Red Chillies, Copra, and Turmeric
Directions for Use
- Cook 100 grams of Tur Dal in 300 ml of water with ½ tsp of cooking oil and a pinch of Turmeric Powder
- Boil 250 gms of vegetables of your choice. (Best suited vegetables when used alone – Carrots, Beans, Snake Gourd, Bottle Gourd, Skinned Avare Kaalu, Cluster Beans, Dill Leaves, Chakkotha Leaves. Best suited combination of vegetables – Carrots, Beans, Sweet Potato, Potato, Peas, Chowchow, Ground Nuts, Ribbed Gourd)
- Mix cooked vegetables and cooked Tur dal. Allow it to come to boil
- Prepare a lump-less paste using 3-4 Table Spoons of Adukale Menasu Kootu Powder and little water
- Mix this paste well with the Tur dal and vegetable mixture and allow it to boil for 3 minutes.
- Add Salt & Jaggery to your taste and let it boil for 2 more minutes
- Prepare tempering of ½ Tsp of Mustard in 1 Tsp of cooking oil and serve hot with rice