Clay Curry Pot (AVAILABLE FOR STORE PICKUP ONLY)
* Totally handmade
* Individually crafted
* Serving Bowl without lid
* Free from toxic raw materials
* No byproducts are produced
* No glazes or colors are added
|Capacity||Height with Lid||Height without lid||Outer Diameter||Mouth Diameter|
Method for Curing:
- Immerse and soak the new Clay pot in a big vessel full of water for 3 hours, then clean the clay pot with water. Sundry it for 2-3 hours. Apply any edible oil to the clay pot both inside and outside and leave it for an hour. Fill it with water and boil on low heat (sim mode). Add 5 to 6 teaspoons of wheat/ Maida/ rice or any other flour available and boil for 15-20 minutes. Leave it in the pot for 5-6 hours. Finally, wash it with normal water and start using it after the pot has dried completely.
- For Curd pots: Just wash with normal water and use once dried.
- Clean with a soft brush or scrub pad and wash with warm water.
- Do not use any Soap or Detergent as the Clay pot is porous and will absorb the cleaning agent which might get into the food when you cook in it.
- For Stubborn stains, take rock salt or wooden ash in a scrub pad and scrub nicely, Fill the pot with hot water and wait for half an hour. Discard the water and wash it again.
- While cooking, use wooden spoons or spatulas and avoid metallic ones as they will scrape the mud off the pot.
- Clay pot cooking needs more care than normal vessel cooking as it tends to break or develop cracks if you don't handle them properly.
- Avoid sudden, extreme temperature changes. For instance, while using a pot kept in the fridge, wait till it comes to room temperature before putting it on the stove for reheating and vice-versa.
- For best results, use a separate pot for making curd, one for tea/coffee, and other herbal decoctions, all other types of cooking can be done in the same pot. Using separate pots for vegetarian and non-vegetarian cooking is advisable.
- Cook your food in medium heat or less for better results and longer durability of the pot.
Product code: MP14